- BPMN – Business Process Modeling Notation – notation used in modeling and preparing business processes diagrams.
- BPD - Business Process Diagram – diagram defined by BPMN and using elements defined in that notation.
- KPI - Key Performance Indicator – metrics (not only financial) used in organization objective achieved by processes, allowing to evaluate progress of its realization and apply eventual corrections .
- BAM - Business Activity Monitoring – constant and active observation of Key Performance Indicators
- Process – every action performed in in company or organization, in BPMN presented, as network of element flow (Flow Objects), that is, smaller sets of steps and sequencing control elements.
- Business Process– set of actions, task and events performed by system solutions and users in order to achieve the business purpose.